The Learning Tower, is one of those must-have items that I always recommend to parents of a toddler-ish aged child. It is not so known, as say a stroller or a crib, but it should be. It is a clever invention which helps children “join in” on grown-up activities, or on its own is a safe and sturdy contraption where a child can spend time enjoying activities. My 5-year-old Son, has used his since he was 2 years of age, and he is still happily spending time in it.
So, what is it?
The Learning Tower is a confined and easily adjustable platform, which elevates children to the perfect height, where one can take part in play with confidence and security. My Son, particularly loves to stand and eat in his. He also enjoys helping me in the kitchen cooking, and just observing the chores I do like wash the dishes. Unfortunately, he is not helping me do the dishes yet – ha!
Surely, this tower is well used in our kitchen. Being a passionate foodie family with dietary requirements, my husband and I have encouraged and taught our Son about healthy foods, how to prepare them and where food comes from, since he was quite young.
Being a Stay At Home Mum having to find activities to fill the days, this helpful piece of furniture, has allowed me to expose him to a whole range of exciting and educational culinary experiences, all while letting me concentrate on my part. It sure makes it a lot easier to get through a recipe, without worrying about whether my Son is going to fall or slip off an alternate option, like a chair for example.
- It comes in a variety of colors including – natural, soft white, red and green. We have the white one, which over the years has accumulated growing stains which are challenging to remove. This is probably the only downer you will read here, and I am sure it only occurs with the white one. If you are worried about this, I suggest going with a different color
- It is finished in a non-toxic lead-free paint, and is made from the wood of the birch tree, all natural
- It grows with your Little One, being recommended for ages 18 months of age and up, until 6 years of age
- The platform is easy to move up and down, adapting with your child’s body size
- It is sturdy with a 4 sided railing and an ample 15″ by 18″ platform which offers a ton of support, this also assures that your child can independently climb in and out of the tower safely
- It is an affordable piece of furniture, which is long-lasting and, I think, worth every cent at around $200 USD mark
- It is reasonably lightweight and easy to move around from place to place, just be careful not to place it down on your toes, my husband has done this a few times – not pretty
- You can purchase fun add-ons like an attachable art easel with a blackboard and white board. And, a one piece playhouse cover, to open up the magical world of imaginative play
So, what else do you need to know?
The helpful piece of furniture does need to be assembled by human hands, yes alas it arrives in a big box with many pieces. However, speaking from experience, it is really easy to do. I have put together 2 of them, with the help of my then 2-year-old child. In fact, I turned that whole experience into a fun activity too.
One of the things I am appreciative for, is that this has given Miles Storm and I so many opportunities to bond together while engaging in learning experiences. Being a Mum, you learn pretty quickly that the days are long but overall time flies by, and these simple little moments like making kiwi-fruit covered icy poles or placing vegetables on a roasting tray, are actually really B-I-G moments. I am not sure I would have been able to spend so much time in the kitchen doing the things we do on a day-to-day basis, without the Learning Tower. It boosts creativity and confidence; not just in a child, in a parent too.
Head over to newly launched, Twined.com being a thoughtful website, where you can discover reviews from people you trust (like Willy B Mum). If you like what you read, you can then express interest in buying that product, not just The Learning Tower but a whole range of sort-out goodies , with pricing discounts eventually being unlocked to you. Go You!
Thanks for stopping by Willy B Mum.
You can also follow Willy B Mum on instagram HERE for visuals on other ways to help make the journey of Motherhood that little bit easier **Grid photos at top credit - The Learning Tower