Sometimes ideas come along that are pure genius, and Plum Print is one of them. Plum Print is an extremely easy service to use, which combines all of your child’s art pieces in a beautiful coffee table book to keep for years to come. If you are drowning in your child’s artwork, and you are running out of room on the walls, then Plum Print is going to be like the most amazing thing ever to you!
After my Son turned 1 year of age, I figured out pretty quickly that we were going to accumulate a lot of art pieces. At first I started tacking them inside our pantry on the walls, and when I ran out of room the art pieces moved to inside cupboard walls, and eventually I just started putting them in a big bag in his closet. I tried throwing some of the art pieces out, you know the ones that were a few scribbles on a piece of paper, but I could not bring myself to do it.
Does this sound familiar. Ah yes, the art struggle is real. It happens to many of us parents out there. What are we going to do with all these creations that our children make?
And, then I found out about Plum Print!
How it Works
- First you go to the website www.PlumPrint.com and for a $39.99 deposit (which is deducted from the price of your final product), a big box is sent to your door
- Now this is the hardest part, choose and fill the box with your child’s artwork. You will also add a blurb and a photo here for the introduction to the book, as well as choose a back and front cover. This took me awhile, as I had to gather my Son’s pieces from the various places around our home, and also had to decide which pieces we wanted in the custom art book – decisions decisions!
- Pack up the box and stick the enclosed prepaid shipping label to pop it back in the mail and return to Plum Print
- Once the Plum Print design team receive your box, you will be sent an email to let you know that it is safe and sound. At this time, the company will suggest what size book will work best, in relation to the amount of art pieces you sent, as well as other options to customize. You can choose either a soft cover or hard cover, add captions, order more than one book, and decide whether you want the original artwork returned to you, or not
- Not too long after that, Plum Print will email you a link to a proof of the book for you to approve or make changes too. See below.
- Once all that is organized, all you have to do is wait for your book to excitedly arrive on your doorstep – too easy!
I am very impressed with our custom art book, it is beautifully made, and Master 4 is so proud of it. In actual fact, everybody who has looked at his book, is captivated! And, of course now we want to have additional copies made for both set of Grandparents. Graciously, Plum Print offer 50% off the price for all duplicate books.
Thinking outside of the box, my husband plans on gathering all of his artwork from when he was a child and having it made into a book too. Yes, this is not just for Little Ones, Dads can get in on the action too.
We are a BIG fan of Plum Print, for a few different reasons. Besides producing an impressive keepsake of my Son’s life, this is also because of how easy and streamlined the process was. Being a Mother is constant with never enough time in the day, and honestly if this process was not as straightforward, I do not think we would have such a lovely memento of my Son’s artwork.
** Using code SUMMERFUN you will receive 10% off all orders placed before July 4th
Thanks for stopping by Willy B Mum!
Feel free to follow us at www.instagram.com/WillyBMum for more great ideas to help make motherhood just that little bit easier!