The annual Stokke blogger event which NYC-based, Momtrends host, is something that I have attended for the last 3 years. I am not so much a stroller reviewer, and surely I have never actually used a Stokke on a day-to-day basis. However, I do find the Scandinavian design to be innovative, unique and very appealing to a modern-day Mum living in New York City.
A stroller is a huge investment and something that a parent really should research before investing in one. Like a new bag, it will define you as a Mum. It will be one of the biggest baby purchases you make and definitely one of the most expensive, and you want to be sure you are 100% on board with your decision. After all, you are going to be pushing it around a lot! And, if you live in a city like New York City, you will experience all kinds of weather from snow and freezing cold, to the extreme heat and humidity, thus your stroller has to be adaptable to your situation.
Here are a few questions you may ask yourself;
- How easily does it fold away. Does it stand alone, or will it need to lean on something. And, how long will it take you to put up and down?
- Can you travel with it?
- Can you exercise with it?
- What kind of accessories will you need, and are they available for the Stroller you want? Umbrella, cup holder, fitted sheets and blankets, are a few items that come to mind.
- What is the weight limit on it, will it last as long as you want your child in a stroller for?
- Can you add a sibling seat addition, if you have another child?
- Does it manoeuver well, and will the wheels travel well in your environment. For example, very small wheels on holey NYC streets can tend to be difficult?
- Is it lightweight and easy to carry?
- Will you be able to see your baby?
- Is the cover UV protecting?
Let’s have a quick look at a few of the features 2 of the Stokke Xplory and the Stokke Crusi.
The Xplory is Stokke’s star stroller. Introduced to the USA 8 years ago, it has surely made a lot of Mothers out there very happy campers.
It can be configured into 5 different facing positions – 3 facing the parent: sleep, rest and active, and 2 forward facing positions: rest and active.
The reflective material for high visibility on night-time walks makes for safer travel. And, if you need more space underneath you can maximize the storage by using additional bags from the Stokke accessories. We also love that it has an SPF 50 cover!
Low riding strollers can get dirty in the muddy streets, not so with the Crusi though. We love that it is high positioned seat, giving you eye contact with your baby and making it easy to hold his hand. It is also very easy to lower up and down, to adapt to say, the perfect height at a restaurant you eat in. Very helpful.
The space underneath is roomy, able to fit in all the added extras Mothers need when on-the-go with a little one.
The Crusi also offers an addition for a new baby to cater for your growing family. And, as it can be lowered it can be pushed by the oldest sibling, under supervision of course!
These are just a few of the pros of investing in a Stokke Stroller, and only 2 of the designs on offer. Additionally, there is the Stokke Trailz and the Stokke Scoot. Not forgetting that Stokke also make innovative and functional Baby Carriers, Car Seats and High Chairs.
Whatever stroller you decide on, make sure you stroll with confidence and are happy with whatever you choose.
Thanks for stopping by Willy B Mum.
Feel free to follow us at www.instagram.com/WillyBMum for more great ideas to help make motherhood just that little bit easier!