One of Miles Storm’s favorite snacks is our Home Baked Miso Glazed Tofu Cubes. They are very easy and fast to make. We like to make this for him as a snack once a week, as our pediatrician told us that it is not good to give little boys too much tofu. Her reasoning was that it has high level of estrogen and is only recommended in moderation.
You will need – Olive Oil, Miso paste and a package of organic firm tofu. I always use South River Chickpea Miso paste, as it is organic and tastes great. It is a little pricey though but worth it as one jar goes a very long way – you can buy it online here.
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line the baking tin with olive oil – a good amount which covers the bottom of the tray.
2. Drain tofu, place on cutting board and roughly chop into 1 inch cubes.
3. Mix a few teaspoons of miso paste in a few tablespoons of olive oil and blend together.
4. Either paint tofu paste on with a brush, or spoon mixture on to tofu pieces.
5. Put tofu in oven and cook until golden brown. Turn pieces of tofu every 15 minutes. It should take between 45 minutes to an hour to cook.
6. Perfect for Little hands. Feed your munchkin!
Thanks for stopping by Willy B Mum!