Body exfoliators can set us back more money than we might like, and they’re often filled with laboratory-concocted ingredients. Making your own natural exfoliators is easy and can save you a ton of money — www.sheknows.com
I like to make my beauty products as much as possible, and over the years one product that I seem to excel in is exfoliating scrubs for the body.
Did you know — If you are noticing dry skin and do not exfoliate on a regular basis all the moisturizing lotion in the world will not help you as you are putting the lotion straight onto dead skin cells?
The Human Body is covered in layers of these cells which generate at remarkable speed, and to have a healthy regime it is advisable to exfoliate your body twice a week to encourage younger, glowing and softer skin.
Rather than buy an exfoliation scrub, why not make your own?
You can try so many ingredients like sugar instead of salt, or olive oil instead of coconut oil, lime essence instead of orange. The world is your oyster here, and it is fun to play around with the different combinations. Get wild and crazy!
Once you have your recipe worked out, it takes hardly any time at all to create an honest-to-goodness body scrub for minimal cost. Not to mention, this is a perfect gift too!
Cedar & Orange Coconut Salt Scrub
What You Will Need
- 1 cup of liquid coconut oil (usually sold as a solid but you just need to melt it to measure correctly)
- 3 teaspoons of avocado oil
- 2 cups of fine sea-salt
- 10 drops of sweet orange oil
- 10 drops of cedar wood oil
What To Do
- Place the sea salt in a large bowl
- Add coconut oil and mix with a wooden spoon ensuring that it is mixed well
- Add the remaining oils of orange, cedar wood and avocado mixing well
- Spoon into air tight containers until ready to use in the shower
- Massage into the body while in the shower, in a circular motion paying special attention to knees and elbows
- Rinse off and you will be left with the moisturizing effects of the coconut oil thus being no need to use an additional moisturizer
It is that simple!
Thanks for reading my BLOG, and please comment if you have another recipe for a body scrub, as I am always looking to try new things!