Chocolate Coconut Kiwi Fruit Icy Poles – Yummo!
The other day while online I stumbled across Cathy the ShowFood Chef’s Blog. While I haven’t explored Cathy’s blog so much, I was totally inspired by her Kiwi Fruit covered icy-poles and decided to try them out for myself.
My 2.5 half year old LOVED this icy treat and literally tried to eat 5 of them at one time, which was very cute! They are really really easy to make, and a great activity to have your Little One help you out with. They are also a healthier alternative to most icy-poles you would buy in a store. Of course, I used all organic products and I love that it is all vegan.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Organic Kiwi Fruit. Peeled and Sliced in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup of organic dark chocolate
- A half cup of coconut oil
- Wooden Icy Pole Sticks
WHAT TO DO
- Peel and cut kiwi fruit into 1 inch pieces
- Place Icy Pole stick into the center of the fruit
- Place on tray and place in freezer until frozen (I left mine overnight to be sure)
- In a double boiler, (or just a metal bowl placed in some boiling hot water), place the chocolate and coconut oil and stir till melted
- Dip the frozen kiwi fruit into the chocolate, and turn in your hand until the chocolate mixture is set
- Serve immediately, or return to freezer until you are ready to serve
Thanks for reading my Blog, I hope you have a chance to make these and enjoy making them as much as Miles Storm and I did!