When my Son and I were in Australia 5 months ago visiting home, one of my girlfriends made this yummy creation for me – Raw Cacao Coconut Truffles.
Today I decided to try them out for myself (altering the recipe somewhat) and I am so glad I did. I know that this is now going to be a staple in our home. They are AMAZING and Super-Easy to make!
It is not a word of a lie when I say that you can make these in 15 minutes, and what a healthier alternative to eating traditional sweet snacks which are generally packed with dairy ingredients like milk, cream, sugar and eggs.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup organic almond meal
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 3 tbs raw organic cacao powder
- 3 tbs organic maple syrup (or you can use honey or agave nectar)
- 1 tbs organic coconut oil
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
WHAT TO DO
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl with a spoon. If this is not effective in making all the ingredients moist try massaging with your hands.
- Place mixture on a large sheet of plastic wrap, make into a roll, then thoroughly cover with wrap and place in fridge. Leave in fridge to harden for at least a few hours
- Once out of the fridge, remove wrap and roll completely cover in shredded coconut
- Cut into 1 inch pieces and it is ready to serve!