We always have so much produce in our refrigerator at home, and although my family eats an abundance of fruits and vegetables it is, at times, challenging to eat everything before it goes bad.
This afternoon for lunch I decided to take the ingredients we had available and turn it in to an awesome healthy salad. The strawberry puree dressing was something I have never done before, and I am really happy with the way my experiment turned out.
It is another quick, easy, healthy vegan meal. And, I love that!
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 ripe organic avocado
- 2 cups of organic hulled and cut-in-half organic strawberries
- 6 ounces of organic spinach
- Half a cup of raw organic cashew nuts toasted
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- First start by making the dressing by blending in food processor sea salt, pepper, olive oil, red vine vinegar and half a cup of strawberries
- Combine avocado, remaining strawberries, spinach, toasted cashew nuts in a bowl and pour in dressing. Toss, and mix thoroughly.